pass it on {04.10.08}

indefinite hiatus, thank you to all that have been reading the blog, please stay safe & sound.

Love, team cameracrowd

Friday, September 14, 2007

Basia Bulat, Oh, My Darling

Hey there everyone! It's Charlie here! I apologize for not writing anything since the beginning of August. Summer just really took its toll on us and we couldn't find the time to sit infront of the computer and write. I myself was piled with an overwhelming amount of foreign movies from friends that I had to watch. And also spent the majority of summer taking medium format fotos. But we have a new season ahead of us, one of my favourites actually, so Anne and I are going to try and build up on this and post more and more.

I'll be introducing you guys to some artists I've been listening to for awhile now that I think will fit perfectly into this coming autumn season. Although her album hasn't released yet here in the U.S, I've been enjoying some of Basia Bulat's released singles since last spring. I knew I found something good the moment I heard her voice. Basia Bulat, who's based in London, Ontario (yes another good act from our neighbours up north) will be worth your time. You can easily compare it to the big names out there, such as Chan's voice, Feist, and Regina Spektor. But like the artists I just mentioned, Basia can stand her ground and easily set herself apart from the crowd. She has a voice that will stick around in your head for awhile, and is a nice companion for this coming autumn season. That's a good thing!

So what else is there to do after aquiring a good voice, well take a good band with you to back you up. A support band with violins, guitars, ukelele to back that magnificent voice of hers does the job. Who knows when we'll see her and her band here in the States. She's been touring all of Canada and Europe lately and will be touring Canada again this autumn, but we have two lucky cities in the east, Chicago and Minneapolis who'll get the chance to see her. As for her debut album, Oh, My Darling well it's out in the UK already and it comes out in Canada on the 18th. But if you don't wanna wait and don't mind paying a little bit more, you can go to Rough Trade's site.


Stream + Download + Purchase

Before I Knew | Basia Bulat

I Was a Daughter | Basia Bulat

Links:

» Basia Bulat's Official Site
» Basia Bulat's Myspace
» Live Performance courtesy of B(oot)log
» Purchase the CD from Rough Trade

-Charlie

No comments: