pass it on {04.10.08}

indefinite hiatus, thank you to all that have been reading the blog, please stay safe & sound.

Love, team cameracrowd

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sparrow House video

Thanks to gorillavsbear who is always up to date on Sparrow House, we found out about this amazing video on YouTube of him on the Almost Late Show with Bobby Jones. Austinites may have caught it airing on ME Television (channel 15, digital cable 577), a 24-hour regional network showcasing Austin talent and bands passing through the Texas capital. Its broadcast is available in Austin and its surrounding 40 cities. In the video Jared Van Fleet's preforming "When I am Gone", but you'll notice the lyrics has changed quite a bit. Is this a sign that Sparrow House will tour soon?!




Here are the lyrics for this version:

Come on take me out
When I am gone you know I'm never coming back
And now there's nothing I could do to change the facts,
You know I tried
You know I tried

I threw you all I had
From the night we spent down Congress Avenue
I should've known that I was never there with you
I should've known
I should've known
Oh with you
I should've known
I should've known

So I'm giving you the gun, put your finger to the trigger
Take me out then in the morning when we're done dreaming
You were the one who could blind me with a mirror
And I'm blinded and I won't take your time no more

And I would've worn your cross
But you sealed it in the darkness all alone
Did you think that I could roll away the stone
I'm just a child
I'm just a child
You know I tried
I'm just a child
I'm just a child

So I've given you the gun put your finger to the trigger
Take me out then in the morning when we're done dreaming
You were the one who could blind me with the mirror
And I'm blinded and I won't take your time no more

Sister, make my bed, if I'm shot
You know I'd hold your hand to die
Sit beside me now and promise you won't cry
When I am gone
When I am gone
Now you won't cry
When I am gone
When I am gone
Now you won't cry
When I am gone
And I am gone

For more on Sparrow House, read this post we wrote awhile back when his debut EP, Falls was just released. Also listen and download some songs on his MySpace and after you can't take it anymore, buy Falls and sit by the mailbox with crossed fingers. Here is the original version to start you off:

When I Am Gone | Sparrow House

~anne

No comments: